09 December 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow!

Well, it finally happened! I woke up this morning to go to the gym and was greeted by about 3 inches of fresh snow! It broke up the monotony of this place a little bit. Everyone was in good spirits, and even the toughest of soldiers were acting like they were kids again. You really had to be alert, though, because snowballs were flying all over the place! I only got pegged once or twice. Kevin built a snowman, and we both took pictures of ourselves taking aim at him. This is what happens when you have a little too much free time! Although Frosty survived our "bullets", he later suffered an untimely death after being hit by one of the military vehicles. The dustoff guys (medevac) came back and built a bigger and better snowman a little later, so we had to get our pictures with him, too.

The Polish hospital is coming along nicely, and it may be ready for use in another week or two. I'm excited to get over there; the facilities really are state-of-the-art (especially for a combat zone). Other than that, not a whole lot new here. We've had a few minor cases, but nothing crazy for a few days. Some of the Polish Special Forces guys invited us to shoot one of their sniper rifles later this week, so I'm looking forward to that. Oh...remember the helicopter crash I wrote about in the last post? I got some pictures of the bird. It was damaged quite badly, and those guys were very fortunate to have escaped uninjured.

No comments:

Post a Comment